If you are interested in being notified when the next cohort is being developed, please add your name to the interest list and we will email you with information.
ACCCA, together with our colleagues at IEPI, have found through research and surveys that there is a quantifiable gap in professional development opportunities for managers and administrators that is specifically aimed at leadership development.
The Admin 201 program is designed for the California community college manager or administrator, and addresses the concept of strong and effective leadership from both a theoretical and a practical perspective.
This program is for you if...
- You’ve already taken Admin 101
- You’ve achieved a strong technical foundation in your current role
- You’re positioning yourself to take on greater levels of responsibility
- You can benefit from a thorough understanding of your management style
- You’re ready to use what you’ve learned in a leadership role
- You need the leadership skills required to navigate a crisis or multiple initiatives
The program begins with a self-assessment component so that each participant can identify their own leadership style and reference its findings throughout each lesson.
Admin 201 is guided by expert faculty utilizing a case-study approach that includes real-world examples of how positive transformational change takes place within an institution, and then clearly defines the role of the leader in creating that change.
Prospective candidates to the program should have completed either Admin 101, or have an equivalent level of technical training, knowledge or experience.
Admin 201 Class of 2019