Pre-Conference Training Opportunity!
February 25, 2020
Management Essentials is ACCCA’s newest professional development program!
This one -day training was developed based on recent surveys and feedback about the needs of today’s community college administrators and encompasses years of research. A key finding that drove the development of this program is that being an effective manager is essential in a political environment, but it isn’t enough to be successful.
Management Essentials is intended for those administrators who desire to learn the following knowledge, skills and practices:
- How to manage up, down and sideways
- How to extend their influence throughout the organization
- How to forge strong ties to build momentum
A diverse group of seasoned and dynamic presenters will provide focused training on four topics:
- Operations management and strategies
- Navigating effectively within a complex organization
- Relationship management and rules of engagement
- Change management
This is an interactive program where participants are encouraged to share their experiences in a safe learning environment.
Please note that the Management Essentials pre-conference training is part of ACCCA's Regional Events program and its content will be repeated three times in 2020 at locations in the north and south.
The following dates are offered in 2020 and we are currently accepting registration for the pre-conference training:
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020 9am-4pm (offered as ACCCA pre-conference in Riverside) Registration is now open!
- Friday, April 24th (San Francisco/Bay Area venue to be determined)
- Friday, August 7th (San Diego venue to be determined)
- Friday, November 6th (Sacramento venue to be determined)
Registration: The registration fee of $150 includes the training, materials, luncheon, and refreshments.
Attendance is limited to 50 participants for each one-day training.