**April Session Cancelled**
Management Essentials is ACCCA’s newest professional development program!
Please see below for additional dates throughout the year!
All registration cancellations received by Wednesday April 1, 2020 are subject to a $50 processing fee. Submit your cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be processed after Wednesday, April 1, 2020. All "no shows" will be assessed the full conference fee.
This one -day training was developed based on recent surveys and feedback about the needs of today’s community college administrators and encompasses years of research. A key finding that drove the development of this program is that being an effective manager is essential in a political environment, but it isn’t enough to be successful.
Management Essentials is intended for those administrators who desire to learn the following knowledge, skills and practices:
- How to manage up, down and sideways
- How to extend their influence throughout the organization
- How to forge strong ties to build momentum
A diverse group of seasoned and dynamic presenters will provide focused training on four topics:
- Operations management and strategies
- Navigating effectively within a complex organization
- Relationship management and rules of engagement
- Change management
This is an interactive program where participants are encouraged to share their experiences in a safe learning environment.
Please note that the Management Essentials training is part of ACCCA's Regional Events program and its content will be repeated in 2020 at locations in the north and south.
The following dates are offered in 2020:
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020 9am-4pm (Complete).
Friday, April 24th (Chabot-Las Positas CCD) - CANCELLED.
- Friday, August 7th (San Diego Mesa College)
- Friday, November 6th (American River College, Sacramento)
Registration: The registration fee of $150 includes the training, materials, luncheon, and refreshments.
Attendance is limited to 50 participants for each one-day training.
Our office has been carefully monitoring information about COVID-19-Coronavirus and the potential for travel advisories from both state and federal agencies. We are reviewing and making decisions regarding cancellation of events/meetings based on all factors and information we have at that time. We are taking every precaution at the venues to protect our attendees should the event still be held.
Plans for future valuable educational events are in place, and we look forward to welcoming attendees, presenters and sponsors.
Here are some steps we can each take:
- Hand washing (minimum of 20 seconds)
- Hand Sanitizers
- Cough or Sneeze into your elbow or tissue
- that are flu-like (consult with your physician)
- Limit handshaking
- Use sleeve or cloth/tissue to touch public surfaces
We encourage you to stay informed with the and the as well. ACCCA knows you invest a lot to participate in our programs and events and we are committed to providing a safe and healthy space for professional development and community building.