Applications are now closed.
For deans within the first five years of their career, this cohort-based program draws from the expertise of thought leaders and seasoned administrators from around the state, and it provides mentorship, an established knowledge base and technical skill building, with a focus on your leadership development.
Each year the Great Dean’s cohort members work together to build trusting networks of support as they successfully navigate their professional and personal journeys and complete the program with a solid foundation to succeed as effective, equity-focused administrators who are prepared to execute their short and long-term career goals.
The Great Dean’s Program curriculum includes key areas of focus including:
- Equity and Social Justice
- Supervision and Leadership
- Administrative Policies, Procedures, and Structures
- Networking, Community Building, and Personal Wellness
- The 8-month program begins with a three-day Institute in Sacramento, July 19-21, 2023
- Two regional in-person all-day workshops are scheduled in October and November (Northern or Southern California)
- All-day pre-conference training at the Annual ACCCA Conference in Orange County, February 20, 2024
- Virtual intersession check-ins throughout the year (optional)
Please note the policies around our selection process:
- ACCCA can extend this training to 35 attendees.
- All applicants to the Great Deans program must go through a vetting process and be selected by a designated team of volunteers and staff based on criteria established by the Management Development Commission (MDC).
- The program fee is $1750 and you must be an ACCCA member to attend.