Admin 001: So, you want to be an administrator?
If you are a faculty member or classified professional who is currently in the “consideration” phase, ACCCA PD offers a program designed to help you learn about the role of a community college administrator and determine if this is a suitable path for your professional future. This program is rooted in ACCCA’s leadership principles and is based on the competencies outlined by the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) for Community College Leaders.
Explore key organizational elements unique to California’s community colleges, inquire and seek clarification about various administrative duties and responsibilities, and ask newly minted administrators about their journey in the transition to administration.
- Application required to be accepted into this program.
- If accepted into the program, the cost is $250 – which includes a 1-year ACCCA Associate membership.
- Comprehensive 2-day virtual program.
- Explores key duties and responsibilities of California community college administrators.
- Learn from seasoned panels of top administrators in a cohort or community learning environment.
Who should consider this program?
- Faculty, classified professionals, or anyone considering an administrative role in their professional future should attend.
- Faculty, classified professionals, and aspiring candidates actively applying for administrator positions.
- Understand the foundational concepts needed to make the transition into administration
- Explore and understand key organizational elements unique to California community college
- Develop an understanding of various duties and responsibilities of an administrator
- Network with newly minted administrators about making the transition
ADMIN 001 Interest List
If you are interested in being notified when applications open for Admin 001, please join our Interest List.
Adding your name to the interest list is not an application – you will be notified via email when the next application opens.